Fattoria degli Usignoli, Italy
Artisan Bread School returns to Fattoria degli Usignoli for two courses in 2023
Fattoria degli Usignoli is in San Donato in Fronzano, 30 minutes by train from Florence, Italy. The nearest train station is Sant’Ellero. This is the heart of the Chianti district of Tuscany with rolling hills, olive trees and grape vines. We live in glorious surroundings, with stunning views and work in a purpose built professional kitchen which includes 3 wood-fired ovens and marble top work benches.
Although facilities are completely modern, Fattoria degli Usignoli dates back to the 14th century. All accommodation includes en-suite facilities, Italian TV, telephone, and hair dryer. Within the 11 hectare (27 acres) estate there are two swimming pools, horse riding*, tennis*, billiards*, table tennis and a mini football pitch. Wi-Fi is available.
Fattoria degli Usignoli is 28km from Florence, 160km from Assisi, 140 from Pisa, 100km from Sienna, 4km from Regello and close to the A1 Autostrada, exit Incisa.
Once in Italy you can reach San Donato in Fronzano by car. Take the Autostada del Sole and exit for Reggello at Incisa. Once in Reggello follow the signposts for Donnini. After Pietrapiana continue to San Donato in Fronzano. Fattoria degli Usignoli is signposted on your left and is down a slope. Follow the signs to its car park.
Arriving at Florence airport, take the airport bus or a taxi direct to Santa Maria Novella station in central Florence. From there take the train to Sant’Ellero, a 30 minute ride, current cost €4 single (one way). Please, don’t forget to validate your ticket by using the machine (pictured below) on the platform before you board the train, or you might get fined!
Check train times from Florence to Sant’Ellero station (Fattoria degli Usignoli 8km) Train Italia
In the “From” box type Firenze and then scroll down to S. M. Novella
In the “To” box type Sant, then scroll down to Sant’Ellero.
Then hit search
The nearest airport to San Donato in Fronzano is Florence, but Pisa, Bologna and other airports are within easy reach.
Fattoria degli Usignoli is isolated. If you are accompanied by family or friends it might be advisable to have a car at your disposal. There are numerous rental agencies accessible on the Internet.
For incoming services & accommodation in Tuscany, general travel advice, car hire, train tickets or any other travel related information please email: email@example.com
Travel & Health Insurance
It is recommended that you have travel and health insurance cover.
European Union residents: Apply for a European Health Insurance Card. Link to free application
- May 15-19 Tuscany, Italy (15/05/2023 - 19/05/2023)
- May 22-26, Tuscany, Italy (22/05/2023 - 26/05/2023)
- Five-day Course at Fattoria degli Usignoli, Tuscany, Italy, May 2024 (13/05/2024 - 17/05/2024)
- Five-day Course at Fattoria degli Usignoli, Tuscany, Italy, May 2022 (16/05/2022 - 20/05/2022)
- Five day Course at Fattoria degli Usignoli, Italy, May 2019 (14/05/2019 - 18/05/2019)
- Five day Course at Fattoria degli Usignoli, Italy, May 2019 (06/05/2019 - 10/05/2019)
- Five day Course in Fattoria degli Usignoli, Italy, May 2018 (14/05/2018 - 18/05/2018)
- Five day Course in Fattoria degli Usignoli, Italy, May 2018 (07/05/2018 - 11/05/2018)
- Five day Course in Fattoria degli Usignoli, Italy, June 2017 (12/06/2017 - 16/06/2017)