This Course is Fully Booked
Click here for a second course at Fattoria degli Usignoli
We return to Fattoria degli Usignoli for the 10th time for an intensive 5-day course of approximately 35 hours hands-on tuition. You will be making sourdough breads & breads using sourdough leaven plus a tiny amount of commercial yeast. Some of the sourdough breads you will making are Artisan Bread School’s French-style Pain de Campagne, New York-style Jewish Rye Sourdough, Semolina Sourdough, 100% Rye Sourdough, sourdough bagel, focaccia & ciabatta. Breads with spice, seeds, fruit & nut, olive oil, tomatoes, grapes, chocolate and absolutely plain.
The course will include:
- Creating your own sourdough leaven and maintaining it
- Working with sourdough leavens, fresh yeast & an overnight sponge
- Fermentation, mixing, kneading, folding, shaping a loaf, proofing & retarding
- Temperature and humidity control
- Baking in a wood-fired oven, gas and electric ovens
- Using different flours (we will be using Italian, American and Canadian)
- The world of olive oil
The fee for the course at Fattoria degli Usignoli includes 5-days tuition, extensive course recipes and notes, all ingredients, 2 bannetons, 2 dough scrapers, a grignette to slash the dough, a digital thermometer, an embroidered Artisan Bread School apron, 5-nights accommodation as well as breakfast, lunch & dinner. You also take home the sourdough leaven you will have created, as well as any other leavens we will have been working with.