Artisan Bread School returns to Foster’s Mill for a two-day course in the Mill’s fabulous new kitchen.
The course will include:
- Creating your own 100% hydration sourdough leaven and learning how to maintain it
- Working with sourdough leavens, fresh yeast & an overnight sponge
- Using 100% hydration white and rye leavens to make sourdough breads
- Fermentation, mixing, kneading, folding, shaping a loaf, proofing & retarding
- Temperature and humidity control
- Baking in a wood-fired oven as well as electric convection oven.
- Using The Prior’s Flour from Foster’s Mill and Shipton Mill flour
The fee for the Artisan Bread School 2-day course at Foster’s Mill includes 2-days tuition, course recipes and notes, all ingredients, 2 bannetons, a grignette to slash the dough, a digital thermometer, an embroidered Artisan Bread School apron and two lunches. You will also take home the sourdough breads you will have baked and the leaven you will have created, as well as any other leavens we will have been working with.