Due to Coronavirus this course has been postponed
Watch this space for future dates
We return to Winnipeg for the fifth time for an intensive 5-day course of approximately 35 hours hands-on tuition. You will be making sourdough breads, breads using both sourdough leaven plus commercial yeast, as well as fully yeasted breads. Some of the sourdough breads you will making are Artisan Bread School’s original sourdough bread (56.3% hydration leaven), Sourdough: King of Bread 2 (100% hydration leaven), New York-style Jewish Rye Sourdough (100% hydration rye leaven), Semolina Sourdough (100% hydration white leaven), Spelt Sourdough (100% hydration rye leaven) and Bagel (100% hydration white leaven) focaccia (100% hydration white leaven), ciabatta & grissini. Breads with spice, seeds, fruit & nut, olive oil, tomatoes, grapes, chocolate and absolutely plain.
The course will include:
- Creating your own sourdough leaven and maintaining it
- Working with sourdough leavens, fresh yeast & an overnight sponge
- Fermentation, mixing, kneading, folding, shaping a loaf, proofing & retarding
- Temperature and humidity control
- Baking in a wood-fired oven, gas and electric ovens
- Using different flours (we will be using Italian, American and Canadian)
The fee for the 5-day course in Winnipeg includes tuition, extensive course recipes & notes, all ingredients, 2 bannetons, 2 dough scrapers, a knife to slash the dough, a digital thermometer and an embroidered Artisan Bread School apron. You also take home the sourdough leaven you will have created, as well as any other leavens we will have been working with.
Participants will receive a certificate to confirm that they have successfully completed the five-day course at Kitchen-Sync.